31/08/19 - Father’s Day

“What’s going on?”,

“What’s up?”,

“How’s it going?”…

These are your questions

That frustrate me so.


But maybe this

Is your way of saying:

“Hello”,

“How’s your day?”,

and “I love you, y’know.”


And that makes me happy,

To know that you care,

And that your ear’s listening

To what I might share.


So, Dad,

Here’s my answer,

To the questions you ask...

They’re simple, and so-so,

But, hey, you asked:


“Hello”,

“Today may have been rough,

But I pushed my way through it

And I’m back home at last.


I’m glad that you’re here,

And that your wisdom is God’s;

That you can share your cool skills,

And that you make us yum meals.


I love that you can always

Get us to laugh,

Even if only for weird hair

(*whispers) Or a fart.


Your wacky and wizzo,

And all other things,

But thanks for being ‘Dad’,

To the nuttiest kids :P


Photo by vivek kumar on Unsplash

- Ray






Comments

Popular Posts